Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gdclan/grossdachshund.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gdclan/grossdachshund.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Gross Dachshund Field Comms • View topic - HIIIIILLFFEEEEE!!!!

Skip to content

HIIIIILLFFEEEEE!!!!

all things techy
you never know, might get an answer

Moderator: Edpow1

HIIIIILLFFEEEEE!!!!

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:02 pm

I got a major problem!
I can't login on internet on my computer!
We got two computers connected to one ruter, we can login from the other computer, I'm using the other computer now but it's not as good as mine, the connection between my computer and the ruter is working but when I open Internet Explorer it can't find the server.
Please help me!
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

HIIIIILLFFEEEEE!!!!

I got a major problem!
We got two computers connected to one ruter, we can login from the other computer, I'm using the other computer now but it's not as good as mine, the connection between my computer and the ruter is working but when I open Internet Explorer it can't find the server.
Please help me!
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

HIIIIILLFFEEEEE!!!!

I got a major problem!
Please help me!
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Postby Edpow1 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:55 pm

Bruhv.....[;)]

For now if u have a router and a seperate modem just connect one at a time thru the modem.....are both ur pcs running the same Operating System?
Edpow1
Herr Oberst

Postby ikkebar » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:36 pm

Have you ran any of Window's Network Setup Wizards?
ikkebar
Reichsminister of Vodka and Wine & stuff

Postby bruhv » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:54 pm

whoa there boys ;)

is this a new install thing or is it something that was working before and suddenly stopped working?

what output do you get from a command prompt when you do 'ipconfig'?

lastly, and probably most importantly, what operating systems are we talking about?
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:19 pm

Answers on your questions:
No, we are runing on diffrent Operatin System.
No, I havn't run any of Window's Network Setup Wizard.
It just suddenly stoped working.
Where do I do 'ipconfig'?
The working one (this one) Win 2000, mine (the not working one) Win 98.

Now, please try to help me with my problem.
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Postby ikkebar » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:24 pm

On the 2000 machine, when you go to My Network Places and then Microsoft Windows Network and then click on your group name, can you see the Win 98 machine listed there?

I am trying to determine if they are networked together fine, and just not sharing the internet connection or if they can't see each other alltogether...
ikkebar

Postby doctor jeep » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:46 pm

on windows 98, you cant do the ipconfig thing like in NT based systems.

what you do is run MSdos (it should be on your program files) and then type in winipconfig. there you get a little utility open.

(might be wrong, its from memory).
doctor jeep
Ze Fuhrer
Ze Fuhrer

Postby ikkebar » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:50 pm

that is correct.

and tbh, winipconfig > ipconfig

XP was a downgrade from Win98 in that department....
ikkebar

Postby bruhv » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:51 pm

right - win2k and win98 - can't help you, sorry
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:07 pm

It's only the win 98 machine that got problem.
And no Ikk, I don't think I found it.
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Postby ikkebar » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:11 pm

From the Dos prompt on the Win2000 machine, type in
ipconfig /all

and post it here or email it to me.
ikkebar

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:15 pm

How do I enter Dos?
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Postby ikkebar » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:17 pm

Click the START button and go to Run and enter <i>cmd</i> and hit Enter.
ikkebar

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Support