Skip to content

expert logging help required

all things techy
you never know, might get an answer

Moderator: Edpow1

Postby bruhv » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:05 pm

hi all

i did lots of searches, and your fine site was by far the most prolific in returns, and tbh the tech support here seems so high quality i feel sure one of you fine gentlemen will know the correct procedure i must follow to finish with the reqirements i have in mind

i request knowledge in the area of linux, and as you may have guessed by the thread title linux's use of log files

i have a server running fedora core 2 and would like to know if the shutdown/startup text - by which i mean the 'shutting down httpd [ok]' ... 'removing firewall rule for time.redhat.com [ok]' ... 'sticking a finger up billy gates' arse [ok]' etc text that is displayed during both shutdown and startup procedures - is saved in a log file somewhere? you see, i am an old man, and have a slow brain, and i would like to peruse the list of exactly what happens at startup/shutdown at my leisure

i hope some upstanding grossdachshund citizen can help me

with thanks

asshat
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

hi all

i did lots of searches, and your fine site was by far the most prolific in returns, and tbh the tech support here seems so high quality i feel sure one of you fine gentlemen will know the correct procedure i must follow to finish with the reqirements i have in mind

i request knowledge in the area of linux, and as you may have guessed by the thread title linux's use of log files

i have a server running fedora core 2 and would like to know if the shutdown/startup text - by which i mean the 'shutting down httpd [ok]' ... 'removing firewall rule for time.redhat.com [ok]' ... 'sticking a finger up billy gates' arse [ok]' etc text that is displayed during both shutdown and startup procedures - is saved in a log file somewhere? you see, i am an old man, and have a slow brain, and i would like to peruse the list of exactly what happens at startup/shutdown at my leisure

with thanks

asshat
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

hi all

with thanks

asshat
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

google - wake up ffs!
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:25 pm