Skip to content

burning a game

all things techy
you never know, might get an answer

Moderator: Edpow1

burning a game

Postby TEF » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:04 pm

got files called mo-ssrw.001 to mo-ssrw.027 and the info file tell me just to extract, burn, install, enjoy.. and i tried to burn... wasted 2 cd's but cant get it right, neeeeeeeed HELP!!!!
what settings?? what program??
TEF
Herr General

burning a game

got files called mo-ssrw.001 to mo-ssrw.027 and the info file tell me just to extract, burn, install, enjoy.. and i tried to burn... wasted 2 cd's but cant get it right, neeeeeeeed HELP!!!!
TEF
Herr General

burning a game

TEF
Herr General

Postby ikkebar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:13 pm

what files did you extract from the RAR files?
ikkebar
Reichsminister of Vodka and Wine & stuff

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:39 pm

I don't think the English use the word "burn" as we do when it comes to copying a CD.
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Postby TEF » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:13 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ikkebra</i>
<br />what files did you extract from the RAR files?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">what rar files??? those files named was in the rar with a info file saying "extract, burn, install, enjoy" [}:)]
mo-ssrw.001 - .027 doesnt have an extension... [B)]
TEF
Herr General

Postby bruhv » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:49 pm

you need winrar, right-click on xxx.001, extract here, probably a .bin and .cue file
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby bruhv » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:49 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kapten Nordström</i>
<br />I don't think the English use the word "burn" as we do when it comes to copying a CD.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">we very much do sir
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby bruhv » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:53 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TEF</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ikkebra</i>
<br />what files did you extract from the RAR files?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">what rar files??? those files named was in the rar with a info file saying "extract, burn, install, enjoy" [}:)]
mo-ssrw.001 - .027 doesnt have an extension... [B)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">sorry, didnt read this one when i posted, you got winrar, i presume you downloaded it as one big rar file, extracted that and it gave you xxx.001, xxx.002 etc etc. no probs, just open 001 in winrar, i do right-click>extract here, it will leave you those bin and cue files. using nero 'burn image to disk' browse to the cue file and burn baby burn :)
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby bruhv » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:55 pm

or just come to irc
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby bruhv » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:55 pm

pure, blatant, unadulterated spam tbh [}:)]
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bruhv-ahh</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kapten Nordström</i>
<br />I don't think the English use the word "burn" as we do when it comes to copying a CD.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">we very much do sir
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Ok.
I apologize.
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Postby TEF » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:15 pm

i tried nero but it cant see the files, also tried clone cd but that made a frikkin dvd... so 3 cds to the bin... i use daemon tools, a handy lil program :D

it works, its great, now just need to be modded! hurrah! and missions made!! [:D]
TEF
Herr General

Postby bruhv » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:21 pm

dude, if they were .bin and .cue files then nero will see them, you're just not doing it right.
i take it you extracted from the 001, 002, 003 files then?

what files were in them? i'm interested

/edit
but yeh, daemon tools is great, i use it to make sure what i have is what i think i have before i burn it. cds are like 10 pence each, i value my drive space more ;)
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby ikkebar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:36 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TEF</i>
<br />i tried nero but it cant see the files<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Did you change the "Files of Type" field from "*.nrg" to *.* or *.cue?
ikkebar
Reichsminister of Vodka and Wine & stuff

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Support