Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gdclan/grossdachshund.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gdclan/grossdachshund.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gdclan/grossdachshund.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gdclan/grossdachshund.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Gross Dachshund Field Comms • View topic - Hi, long time lurker, 18th time poster...

Skip to content

Hi, long time lurker, 18th time poster...

For anything to do with Call of Duty

Moderators: TEF, Edpow1, Gapiro, doctor jeep

Postby Darkeyes » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:07 pm

Na every1 has deserted the cod front, although edpow seems to have reappeared somewhat! Only time when tell if hes up for the fight or has just returned for the annual (GD) Fancy Dress Ball!!
Image Mein Gott!!! zey are just old men und boys.
Darkeyes
Hauptman

Postby GoonerBB » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:34 am

Well if that is the case, how would you all feel about one being started in the clan name with a redirect back here?

You can tell i am trying really hard here, but trust me this is entirely selfish on my part, i want to have a game with a like minded bunch of idiots who can appreciate a good waste of time, and should it be successful then you will get more people here for you amusement.....
'The art of war is simple. Find your enemy, strike him hard, run away, keep going'
GoonerBB
strafkommando
strafkommando

Postby Darkeyes » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:52 am

Why the heck not!!!
Darkeyes
Hauptman

Postby GoonerBB » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:33 am

well one of the 'why the heck not' reasons would be these forums starting to attract all sorts of riff raff perhaps wanting admission to your clan, another would be the fact that while i have a vague idea how to set up a 20 player server (thats what i had in mind) i have no experience doing the config, although i can admin it...then there is the expense, i don't mind, but would be welcome to contributions....but if they are unlikely to come in over the medium term then that is a dead end. A 3 month 20 man server may be fun, but ideally a 40 slotter would follow and we take it from there...plus with a TS channel thrown in, this could stretch even my resources. (freelance gynaecology aint what it used to be)

However the biggest problem is that a server needs players to get and stay popular, players on a server feedback to visitors on a forum which in turn produces a more active clan....if nobpdy is going to play on it then it will die faster than speeding bullet, and similarly if the GD is happy to stay as it is now without new blood and the occassional weirdo washing up here then the entire exercise is pointless.
'The art of war is simple. Find your enemy, strike him hard, run away, keep going'
GoonerBB
strafkommando
strafkommando

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:44 am

Sounds fun. Would the server host DoD:S too?
Take out those panzers before they run over our peasoup!!! ImageImageImageImageImage Mmmm... Peasoup.
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Postby ikkebar » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:46 am

here's one that just washed up
If you hadn't noticed, I joined a new clan. Oh, and I got a new job. Paradise ftw
ikkebar
Reichsminister of Vodka and Wine & stuff

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:50 am

Sorry, I didn't read the second page. PDT_Armataz_01_04
Take out those panzers before they run over our peasoup!!! ImageImageImageImageImage Mmmm... Peasoup.
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Postby Gapiro » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:57 am

i used to run our free server, but that stopped, i might even still have configs
none the less, its easy to do usually
We've shot off over a million cannon shells and what's the result? One dachshund with a slight limp! Black-Adder ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
Gapiro
Herr General

Postby Darkeyes » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:34 am

How did we blag that server the last time?
Darkeyes
Hauptman

Postby bruhv » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:03 am

ikkebra wrote:here's one that just washed up

rofl
bruhv
Oberkommando des Heeres
Oberkommando des Heeres

Postby GoonerBB » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:52 pm

So we have a theoretical 'maybe'? PDT_Armataz_01_12

A jolt debranded 20 slotter for cod2 for 3 months works out at just over the £100 mark...i can provide the TS server on my big fat works pipe.

Can we fill it with some manic TDM action...or is this a field of dreams situation......if we build it..they will come?

Talking of which...who answers the membership applications around here? PDT_Armataz_01_01
GoonerBB
strafkommando
strafkommando

Postby Darkeyes » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:27 pm

I think i have a few Marks left in ze bunker
Darkeyes
Hauptman

Postby GoonerBB » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:46 am

Is that momentum i see before me?

Anymore takers before we push the kubelwagon down the hill?
GoonerBB
strafkommando
strafkommando

Postby Gapiro » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:32 am

yeah i can donate a bit
jeep gets the applications to his alex@jobble, which is overflown and he doesn't check
if anyone sees him , tell him to give us a shout on msn,
i'll be happy to take applications to my email,
We've shot off over a million cannon shells and what's the result? One dachshund with a slight limp! Black-Adder ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
Gapiro
Herr General

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:27 am

It doesn't take much to make you happy then. PDT_Armataz_01_14
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Call of Duty