Skip to content

Italian Front

Moderator: Edpow1

Postby TheDuke » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:13 am

and the Eurofighter never got built .. so we'll probably end up lobbing stones over the English channel if things get serious... and just hope a Fritz is on hols at the cost... or Tommy... who ever is lobbing it ... [:D]
TheDuke
Volksturm

Postby Edpow1 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:38 pm

Have to block off the tunnel, and take out that big railway gun at the Tod Batterie near Cap Blanc Nez - we need to make contingency plans!
Edpow1
Herr Oberst

Postby Edpow1 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:08 pm

I found out something funny, near me is a minature railway built by some millionaire in the 20s, the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch railway. It is just a little tourist line with 1/4 scale engines and stuff. Apparently in WW2 the MOD decided to armour one of the mini engines and put a pair of AA guns onto it. This train trundled along the 15 inch tracks defending the coast.

A Dornier tried to dive bomb the train, thinking it was a full size railway and he cocked up his dive, slamming straight into the ground - so a model train actually has a recorded "kill" of a Luftwaffe bomber....only in England.
Edpow1
Herr Oberst

Postby Gapiro » Sun May 01, 2005 10:32 pm

superb
Gapiro
Herr General

Postby TEF » Mon May 02, 2005 8:41 am

aye!
TEF
Herr General

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Mon May 02, 2005 5:26 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheDuke</i>
<br />one of the underling principles of the Euro is that Europe can never go to war again..... probably why the UK never joined.... there' probably a few old fogies polishing their Spitfires for the big day.... lol
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I thought it was because Sweden didn't join.[:0]
I heard some British guy (the primeminister I think) say that on the new some years ago. He said something with if Sweden join Britain will do it too, if Sweden don't join so won't Britain.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Edpow1</i>
<br />A Dornier tried to dive bomb the train, thinking it was a full size railway and he cocked up his dive, slamming straight into the ground - so a model train actually has a recorded "kill" of a Luftwaffe bomber....only in England.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
LOL![:D]
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to ww2