Skip to content

What was more important in causing war

Moderator: Edpow1

Postby Kapten Nordstrom » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:50 pm

I belive Hitler was angry because of the Treaty of Versailles and the great depression was the reason that the German people fell for his trick.
Kapten Nordstrom
Unteroffizier

Postby Edpow1 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:31 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Silvio</i>
<br />so anti-semitism is linked to class then?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Not quite, the willingness to take action is directly linked to how much you have to lose. Upperclasses, successfull, wealthy people have more to lose than those lower down. Hitler had nothing for long enough, and won enough through "gambling" and luck to not worry about what he lost. Genocide is a sure-fire way to get your country into hot water and invaded by others, unless you are stronger than the others, or you are not used to "grand politics" - Hitler was the kumped up corporal with nothin to lose, because nothing he had was his, it was all won and could just as easily be lost.
Edpow1
Herr Oberst

Postby sammo » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:22 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kapten Nordström</i>
<br />I belive Hitler was angry because of the Treaty of Versailles and the great depression was the reason that the German people fell for his trick.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

yeh good summation i suppose, its a difference between long and short term factors.
sammo
Gauleiter of Lower Silesia

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to ww2