Skip to content

If Germany Nevery Invaded Russia

Moderator: Edpow1

Postby Totenkopf » Wed May 07, 2003 8:35 am

Would Germany still have one the war if it never invaded Russia? It would have just pushed its forces agaisnt Britan and into Africa.
Totenkopf
Hauptman

Would Germany still have one the war if it never invaded Russia? It would have just pushed its forces agaisnt Britan and into Africa.
Totenkopf
Hauptman

Totenkopf
Hauptman

Postby Asmodain » Wed May 07, 2003 12:49 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Totenkopf</i>
<br />Would Germany still have one the war if it never invaded Russia? It would have just pushed its forces agaisnt Britan and into Africa.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No.

Germany would most likely gotten Iraq(due to the uprisings by fascist groups) and most of the other middle-east countrys under their control, thus getting barrel loads of oil and removing that problem forever.
This would of only been possible, IF Mussolini had utilized hes navy. Italians were weak on the ground, but strong on the ocean.

Well, thats IMO. Hitler caused Germany to loose the war, he put little interest into the balkans.
Asmodain
Herr Oberst

Postby Totenkopf » Thu May 08, 2003 1:16 am

All that oil would fuel Germanys Armed forces for decades! But I suppose most of the arabs would be screwed due to Nazi racial policies.

MMMMMMMMMMMM........vannila coffee!!!
Totenkopf
Hauptman

Postby Asmodain » Thu May 08, 2003 3:30 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Totenkopf</i>
<br />All that oil would fuel Germanys Armed forces for decades! But I suppose most of the arabs would be screwed due to Nazi racial policies.

MMMMMMMMMMMM........vannila coffee!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Possibly, but Germany did help the uprisings. It would be easier to make them fascist and turn them into puppets, so they can watch for their borders on their own than to conquer and exterminate the population.
Asmodain
Herr Oberst

Postby Totenkopf » Thu May 08, 2003 7:17 am

On one hand keep your spoils and mastermind them. On the other march in and keep your policy of Racial clensing......I'd prefer the first one too!
And where from there? Maybe the Mediterranien build up a Naval fore for security and move into North Africa.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........vannila coffee!!!!!!!!!!!![8)]
Totenkopf
Hauptman

Postby doctor jeep » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:09 am

I dont know about the arabs being screwed by racial policies. The architects of the "final solution" etc were surprisingly pragmatic about their racial policies. Mid-war the nazis changed tack from being "anti-semitic" to being "anti-jewish", so they would look better to the non-judaic semitic peoples of the Middle East. I know it was done for obvious strategic reasons, but there is no evidence I know of to suggest that nazi germany was interested in exterminating arabs: quite the reverse, Himmler thought very highly of the muslim religion as being "good for soldiers".

As for not invading the USSR, its my belief that Hitler would have continued invading stuff until his country collapsed, I think it was the nature of the system he set up that conquest would inevitably lead to further conquest until a point would come where it couldn't support anymore invasions and would either collapse or get destroyed by a more powerful world player.
doctor jeep
Ze Fuhrer
Ze Fuhrer

Postby Totenkopf » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:47 am

The Jihad factor only makes most muslims sensless and blind. Although Muslims are automaticly like this......they dont need Jihad.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.................vannila coffee!!!!!!
Totenkopf
Hauptman

Postby Asmodain » Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:07 am

Most likely YOU would be speaking german and reporting your neighbours to the thought police.

I would be sipping Freeway Cola(Lidl) in the beaches of Murmansk.
Asmodain
Herr Oberst

Postby GD REICHSMINSTER Whittman » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:39 am

VY WASNT THE SIXTH ARMEE ALLOWED TO PULL OUT OF STALINGRAD AND REGROUP
NEINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN VY DID DER FUHRER TINK HE KNOWS BEST
VON PAULUS VILL NEVA FORGET
GD REICHSMINSTER Whittman
Unteroffizier

Postby Totenkopf » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:37 am

Von Palus is dead my friend and Hitler had about as much tactical knowledge as a mop. No idea of logistics and such.
Britan would havge been a nice target.....if he had kept out of USSR and piled on around Britan then he would have secured Europe for sure.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.................vannila coffee!!!!!!
Totenkopf
Hauptman

Postby TheDuke » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:54 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think it was the nature of the system he set up that conquest would inevitably lead to further conquest until a point would come where it couldn't support anymore invasions and would either collapse or get destroyed by a more powerful world player<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

excellent point.. I have done allot of research on the topic and myself have tried to establish where it could have ended up if Hitler had won all wars and I do think an implosion where outpost of the reich would have turned on one another for dominance...

The Duke : ))
TheDuke
Volksturm

Postby EGD F EYES ONLY » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:25 pm

i think the 3rd reich would have existed a bit longer but as early as in 1942 there were plans to kill hitler by his own officers i think it would have been similar to russia at the end of the cold war germany,s economics were based on weapon industy thats why the german economy got back up on its feet in the early days of the third reich so i think in the end they will collapse not by some great army but by the people of europe
EGD F EYES ONLY
strafkommando
strafkommando

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:21 pm

Some good points here. I think that it was an important factor that a large number of german troops were sent in to russia with totally inadequate equipment and clothing as the belief was that the russian campaign would be over before the winter set in. A huge tactical and logistical blunder.

However, does anyone else think it was ironic that Stalin's regime in russia was based upon the same fear, ethnic cleansing and oppression as the 3rd reich and yet we allied with them. Once the war was over the western allies realised the next threat was russia themselves. As the only people with intelligence on the russians were former SS, german army intelligence etc we then employed our former enemies in our own intelligence agencies. And thus the cold war was born....

Truth is always stranger than fiction [:D]
Dark Angel
Hauptman

Next

Return to Board index

Return to ww2