Skip to content

Why hitler didn't put priorty on.........

Moderator: Edpow1

Postby Nameless1 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:14 pm

You konw I'v been playing alot of "Skies over Normandy" latley and I love the ME 262. Anyone have any thoughts as to why Hitler didn't felt that there was no need to priortize on more winning technology like the jet engines and before that long range bombers.....oh wait yeah Herman Goering was a drug slut who lived in a fantasy world.

Your thoughts?
Nameless1
Unteroffizier

You konw I'v been playing alot of "Skies over Normandy" latley and I love the ME 262. Anyone have any thoughts as to why Hitler didn't felt that there was no need to priortize on more winning technology like the jet engines and before that long range bombers.....oh wait yeah Herman Goering was a drug slut who lived in a fantasy world.

Your thoughts?
Nameless1
Unteroffizier

Your thoughts?
Nameless1
Unteroffizier

Postby Edpow1 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:38 pm

Also the fact that though the jet fuel was cheaper and easier to make, the standard plane fuel was already being nicely supplied by Germany's synthetic oil plants - plus it wasn't till 1942 that a jet and piston engined fighter were compared, and most were stunned to see the jet beat the FW 190

PLus there were a huge lack of trained pilots - most ME 262 pilot's training consisted of a trainer hanging onto the wing of the plane until take off, then they were on their own. The other problem with the Nazi economy was that it was very reactionary. The Germans were building U Boats in 41 when they needed them the year before, and in 41 needed planes and tanks for Russia, these didn't come until 43-44 and then they realised they needed jets, missles and hand weapons, these didn't come till late 44-45

ALways a bit too late - not enough forward planning from the start - though this is possibly why Hitler was initially so successful
Edpow1
Herr Oberst

Postby TheDuke » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:22 am

the problem was that the so called german efficieny in that period was a myth - it was run more like a kingdom with the Gauleiter (as sort of Lord or Baron) had 100% control over the policies in his area - and everyone was infighting to please hitler... everyone! And that's it how he built his empire - so there was no grand strateg to maximise output and seeing that they were the master race (lol) no one would be able to beat them... certainly not the 'untermenschen'... but when the 'untermensch' gave them a right royal ass wuppin in Stalingrad everything had to be cleared out...

thus, unless the virctory was fast they didn't stand a change long term anyhow... operationally nor politically
TheDuke
Volksturm

Postby TheDuke » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:23 am

oh, and as for Goering... what a dork!
TheDuke
Volksturm

Return to Board index

Return to ww2